OK kiddies, it’s that time again. Time to watch the train wreck that is someone believing they can find true love on a reality TV show. And this time, it’s America’s reality sweetheart, Emily Maynard. Let’s be honest, Emily really is sweet as sugar, but there’s only so much we can take before it starts to give us a cavity. Don’t know about you, but we’ve got our dentists on speed dial over here at TWB for such an occasion. Add that to what looks like a group of painfully boring guys, we’ve come up with a little something to make this season of the Bachelorette more bearable to watch. What’s that you ask? Well, we’ll tell you… Presenting the Bachelorette Drinking Game! We have been informally playing for a while now, but decided to bring the fun to the masses. Here’s how it goes:
- Prepare your favorite cocktail, open your favorite bottle of wine or pop your favorite flavor of beer… Or all of the above. You can even play with your fun festive non-alcoholic beverage. We won’t judge. Well… this time.
- Make sure you are someplace that won’t require you to drive after the show. We love a good drinking game but we do not love drinking and driving. Please be responsible.
- Tune into the Bachelorette tonight and take a drink every time…
- Emily mentions Ricki – baby daddy or baby baby – raise a glass and take a sip
- Emily mentions Brad
- Emily throws out a sweet little Southern-ism. We’ll let you be the judge of what counts. “Gosh” or “Golly” alone should get you nice & toasty.
- Anyone references NASCAR or racing.
- Any of the bachelors shows up shirtless and is not next to a pool or a hot tub.
- Anyone mentions a helicopter or airplane. – Reader submitted
- Emily says “I know, right.” – Reader submitted
- Anyone cries – Reader submitted
- Any of the bachelors talks about why he’s a better partner for Emily than another guy – Reader submitted
- Anytime Emily talks about doubting someone’s intentions
- Every time Jef says “like” – Good luck with that one
- Any time Emily says “Thank you” or “Thanks so much.” – Reader submitted (Thankfully it didn’t make it in for Hometown dates or we’d all be in the hospital)
- It’s that time for guys to “take it to the next level”, so let’s drink any time they say that famous phrase.
Thems the rules. Let us know what you think we should add and we’ll incorporate the best (and funniest) suggestions. We’re sure as the season evolves, some new rules will be obvious. So, check back and keep sending ideas.
Melissa & Rachel
PS – We’re serious about the being responsible thing. Don’t drink and drive.